Thursday, February 19, 2009

Projects, projects, projects

I am so tired. Last semester i felt like i had all the time in the world. Of course i was switching from all nighters in architecture (or architourture) to flying by in graphic design. The work seemed so simple and easy. Not to toot my own horn, but i ROCKED it last semester. This semester also started that way, but all my instructors seemed to have a thing about starting off slow, and realizing projects have timelines. ugh. All my classes have piled up so I've been so stressed these past couple of weeks. All the projects seem to be due next week, when most of them were spread out enough to make thinks simple. That plus the fact that my disney project is due by the 28th, and my resume is due to them by this friday!!! I'm so tired and burnt out. Hope fully I'll get a good weekend rest next month and start fresh on the next projects. 
I know this isn't a big load for me personally, but these last 3 weeks in february are killer. Even though I'm tired and burnt out, i still feel like I'm doing some awesome work. The disney project is sure to be a placing project. Our idea is so unique and we've tried developing it so that it seems as it could become a real project. And I have come to the realization that i love typography. I love letterforms and manipulating them. Type 2 has a project with a brochure design, i think i have it pretty dialed in, just few more tweaks and I'm good. The Identity and Branding project in GD2 is fun also. Creating a whole identity from scratch is so new to me that i find it really fun. We also get to dabble in package design a bit. Photography is somewhat review for me, but having direction in the taking of pictures makes me enjoy the end result more than when i did it on my own.
All in all I'm having a great time in graphic design, although i may seem anti-graphic at times, i know i will always come back around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoy your writing style. Thanks for a good read.